Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let's not mention the death thing

Death lurks. We'd better not talk about it, because we can't escape superstition. And nobody wants to remember that we're all headed there one day.

Dig right down to the heart of the process and find that death comes from one thing - turning away from God. Sin. I am so humanly trapped in it that my mind is utterly controlled. My brain is washed in it. My heart pumps it out around my body and each contraction poisons me. 

And in the midst of this stupor, I think that life is a new iPad, or being liked by my friends more, or not failing, or getting more hits on my blog.

The only remedy is the breath that brings life - the spirit of Jesus soaking my mind, rushing in my heart and veins. Who knew that life and peace were to be found in giving control rather than taking it?

Don't we all hunger for life, for peace?


So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. 
Romans 8:6


No comments: